How to Make Kratom TeaHow to Make Kratom Tea
Many are intrigued by this mystical Southeast Asian plant and aspire to create a beverage that makes the most of kratom’s proposed health benefits.
Do you want to know more about the different methods of making delicious kratom tea? Read on to learn about its benefits, uses, and variations.
Benefits of kratom tea
Kratom tea has gained a reputation for its potential health benefits. Its stimulating qualities have been under research and the possible positive impacts are becoming more widely known.
People brew the beverage from kratom leaves or powder. It has alkaloids that may contain anesthetic, calming, and restorative effects.
Mitragyna speciosa may help relieve symptoms of aches and potentially reduce emotional ailments, such as worry and discomfort.
Anecdotal studies suggest kratom tea and other forms can help with opioid withdrawal symptoms. The botanical may also treat coughs, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
This plant is unique due to its alkaloids, mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. Generally, its impact becomes noticeable within 10–20 minutes and may last up to six hours. There are a few things that can affect this timeframe, including:
- The user’s tolerance level.
- Whether it was taken on a full or empty stomach.
- The individual’s weight, size, and metabolism.
- The dose taken, and the potential presence of other drug substances.
The consensus for most people is that the potential advantages outweigh the side effects.
It’s worth noting that most side effects of kratom are mild. If you want to know more about using it to treat various ailments, seek advice from a medical expert before consumption.
Kratom tea recipe
Kratom tea is an herbal beverage made from the leaves of the Mitragyna speciosa tree. Farmers in its originating nations harvest the plant’s foliage and dry it before grinding it into powder and turning it into a drink. They also sometimes use the raw leaves.
There’s a growing interest in this botanical as an alternative to traditional pharmaceuticals. It’s believed to be a safe and natural remedy.
Many enthusiasts think that beverages containing small amounts of 1–4 grams of kratom act as a stimulant and enhance energy. Larger quantities of 5–8 grams allegedly create a sedative effect and bring you euphoric feelings.
The most commonly accepted method to brew kratom tea is by using powder. One cup of this quality hot beverage may give you unprecedented advantages.
Once you get the perfect dose, you can create your ideal cuppa. The brewing process simply requires you to blend your preferred strain of powder and hot water.
Adding sweeteners such as honey or stevia reduces the bitter taste, but acidic ingredients like lemon perfectly complement it.
Over or under-steeping might damage a pot of tea, and boiling water can ruin the chemical properties inside the plant. To preserve the compounds and maintain their efficacy, stop the kettle before the water hits the boiling point.
Ingredients for kratom tea
The ingredients needed for making kratom tea with powder include:
- Around 20–25 grams of kratom powder, depending on how many cups you want to make.
- A colander or coffee filter, and a small lemon.
- A saucepan with a pouring lip.
- A small whisk such as a matcha whisk.
- Sweeteners like honey, sugar, agave juice, or maple syrup.
Here’s a simple guide you can follow:
- Add half a cup of water to a pot and bring it to a boil.
- When boiling, add kratom powder, reduce the temperature, and let it simmer for 10–15 minutes. Stir every once in a while.
- Take the pot off the stove when the color changes to a deep orange or yellow.
- Strain the herb and transfer it to another cup. Afterward, discard the leftover powder.
- Pour some lemon or grapefruit juice to increase the effects of the tea, and your drink is ready.
Any remaining tea can be stored in the fridge for two to three weeks if you add sweeteners for preservation.
Strictly follow the instructions for the kratom tea recipe to get the best results. Regardless of the amount of water you use, the effects will be the same when fully consumed.
The taste of the beverage may not be very pleasant, but it’s an effective method for high absorption of the active components of kratom.
Other methods of making kratom tea
There are many other ways to prepare kratom tea, which include using tea bags, extracts, and capsules.
Kratom tea bags are an easy and convenient way to make a brew. They’re filled with pre-measured amounts of powder.
All you need to do is steep the bag in hot water for a few minutes. This technique is the best if you don’t want to measure out the correct dosage of kratom powder.
Extracts are more concentrated forms of the herb. They can be added to hot water to make a potent cuppa. It’s a great option for those who want to get the most out of their kratom dose.
Another procedure is the sun tea method. It’s a better way to make large quantities you can use for the entire week. It involves using the sun’s UV rays to make the drink, although it may not contain the same potency as the traditional stovetop brew.
If you’re a fan of sweet beverages, or you don’t enjoy hot drinks, kratom iced tea is also an excellent choice. The sweet flavor masks the bitter taste of the powder and creates a pleasant, refreshing sip on a sunny day.
You can also use kratom capsules to make this drink. Simply empty the pills into hot water and stir until the powder dissolves.
How to make kratom tea in a coffee pot
The method of brewing the herb using a coffee pot is simple and only requires a few steps. Here are the guidelines to make this beverage:
- Fill the coffee pot halfway with water and allow it to boil.
- Add the required dose of kratom powder to a strainer and place it inside the filter basket.
- Once the water is boiling, pour it over the strainer containing the powder. To derive alkaloids from the powder, double or even triple-brew the tea.
- Allow the filtrate to steep for at least five minutes, remove the filter and discard.
- Empty the tea back into the reservoir and let it run through the coffee pot again. Once completed, rinse out the container.
How to make kratom tea with a French press
The potency of your drink depends on how long you steep it. This is the main difference in learning how to brew kratom tea using a coffee pot vs. a French press.
You can push the plunger down once the herb has steeped for an extended period. This intensifies the beverage’s relaxing and energizing effects.
To make this herbal tea with a French press, follow these steps:
- Boil the water until it reaches around 190°F. Place crushed leaves in the beaker.
- Add your hot water, and stir in your lemon juice.
- Steep kratom tea for about 15 minutes, then press the regulator down.
- Feel free to sweeten and add milk to your preference.
Preparing kratom in an aeropress
To prepare the herbal tea in an aeropress, follow these simple steps:
- Begin by grinding the desired amount of kratom leaves into a fine powder.
- Add it to the aeropress chamber, and pour in your hot water.
- Use a coffee stirrer to mix the powder-water mixture to ensure it completely dissolves.
- Once fully combined, place the aeropress chamber onto its stand and push the plunger.
- Gently push the plunger as the drink gains pressure. Slowly press until it sits comfortably at the bottom. The result is a highly concentrated kratom tea.
Cold brew kratom tea
Cold brew kratom tea is a refreshing and healthy beverage that’s gaining popularity due to its many reported health benefits. It’s made by brewing the leaves overnight at cold room temperature and is a great alternative to traditional hot drinks.
With its slightly earthy flavor, it provides a boost of natural energy without caffeine jitters. Kratom, the key ingredient, is packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that may support immunity, energy levels, digestion, and mood.
How to make kratom tea with fresh leaves
Make the best kratom tea by potentiating its effects with acidic ingredients. Using fresh leaf bundles to make a cuppa is a straightforward process:
- Start by crumbling the leaves to form a powder. To ensure the powder breaks up, do it in batches using hot water.
- After it’s dissolved, add more water to the resulting liquid and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat and allow the liquid to simmer for 10–15 minutes.
- When the mixture has been reduced to a thick syrup, strain out the leaves and serve the tea hot.
How to make kratom tea with crushed leaves
Making kratom sip with crushed leaves is effortless and convenient:
- Measure out the preferred size of ground kratom leaves, usually 1–2 teaspoons.
- Add the fine powder to a pot, and fill it with one cup of water.
- Boil over medium-high heat, and stir occasionally to provide an even consistency.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain the drink into a cup using a coffee filter, cheesecloth, or strainer.
Tips for making the perfect kratom tea
Do you want to transform your kratom tea into a culinary journey? Here are some tips to make the tastiest brew:
- Add ginger, mint, or basil for an herbal flavor.
- Infuse with coconut oil or camellia leaves for a warm, comforting taste.
- Throw in a few cloves and cinnamon sticks for a spicy kick.
- Add sugar, milk, whipped cream, and vanilla for a divine kratom latte.
- Switch things up with an ice brew. Keeping your tea in the fridge gives it a nice chill, and it’s perfect for grabbing and going when you’re in a rush.
Note: It’s always better to brew in batches, as it saves more time. Refrigerated kratom tea usually lasts for at least five days. You can make a brew on Monday and have enough for the entire week.
Kratom tea and its advantages
This hot drink may be a beneficial beverage with many advantages. It might help to improve energy levels, boost focus, and reduce stress. The plant may also help relieve aches, enhance mood, and even act as an appetite suppressant.
If you’re looking to experience the benefits of this herb, Kratom Country offers lab-tested kratom that’s safe and pure.
FAQs about kratom tea
Are you curious about how to make kratom tea? Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions concerning this herbal remedy.
What’s the best way to strain kratom tea?
Use a fine-mesh strainer, as it catches particles while allowing the beverage to pass through. Different strains have various viscosities and some may require extra patience when straining.
Ensure the filter is made of a material that won’t affect the flavor. A tea ball or infuser works perfectly to impart the kratom alkaloids while making straining a thing of the past.
How do you make kratom tea stronger?
The key to strong kratom tea is to use more powder than usual. It’ll increase the potency of the drink and make it more effective. Another way is to use hot water that’s been cooled down after boiling or is just below its boiling point.
How do you make kratom tea bags?
Brewing kratom tea using bags requires you to follow these steps:
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Once it reaches boiling point, turn off the heat and let the water cool for approximately three minutes.
- Don’t add kratom tea directly into boiling water.
- Put some ground powder or loose leaf into one tea bag and close the seal to ensure it’s firmly secured.
- Drop the bag into the water and allow it to steep for a few minutes, depending on how strong you prefer it.