Blue Lotus and Kratom: How Do These Herbs Compare?Blue Lotus and Kratom: How Do These Herbs Compare?
Many individuals believe plants may offer herbal remedies. Blue lotus and kratom are two of the most popular herbs that fall into this category. People have been using them for ages to treat numerous health conditions and enjoy their recreational benefits.
What is kratom?
Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) is an evergreen flowering plant of the Rubiaceae family. This tropical tree typically grows in Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Myanmar. It’s also native to Papua New Guinea, an island country in the Southwestern Pacific.
Mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine are the most potent alkaloids found in Mitragyna speciosa. Herbal experts claim these compounds are responsible for the possible effects of kratom on the body.
Some studies suggest the active ingredients in a kratom leaf have anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipsychotic abilities. Innumerable individuals in Southeast Asia have been using the plant for its various effects for thousands of years.
Kratom became popular in the US and other western countries a few decades ago. Many use it to relieve discomfort, boost energy, and treat health conditions, but there’s a lack of scientific support for these claims. Anecdotal evidence exists, though.
What is blue lotus?
Blue lotus is an alkaloid-rich plant with varying effects on the body. Although this herb is predominantly native to Egypt, it also grows in India and some Southeast Asian countries. It’s a bowl-shaped crop, containing attractive petals and green leaves.
In ancient Egypt, the blue lotus flower represented rebirth and was associated with Ra and Osiris, the gods of the sun and the underworld, respectively. Many assume the Egyptian variant is richer and more sacred than other types.
Apomorphine and nuciferine are the herb’s primary ingredients. The former compound makes you euphoric and happy, whereas the latter keeps you calm. These two alkaloids are responsible for the possible benefits of blue lotus.
Blue lotus and kratom similarities
One of the few things the two plants have in common is their debatable legality in the US. Although federal laws permit the use and possession of both herbs, there are still controversies around them in many places.
Kratom is banned in six states, while blue lotus is allowed in all places except Louisiana. Each state decides these plants’ legality. The Federal Drug Administration (FDA) and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) don’t ban or regulate the herbs’ use.
Another similarity is that these two botanicals are famous for their therapeutic impacts on the body. While the medicinal and psychoactive implications of the plants aren’t the same, both possess sedative properties.
There’s a lack of scientific studies supporting the effects of both plants, casting doubt on their benefits. Anecdotal evidence says the two herbs could have several positive impacts on your system.
Blue lotus vs. kratom comparison
Despite the similarities between these herbs, they have several distinctions. The plants are different in various areas, such as their effects, usage, benefits, and doses. Here’s a detailed blue lotus vs. kratom comparison.
The possible effects of blue lotus include:
- Psychoactive: Since blue lotus has mind-altering properties, it may affect your orientation or cause hallucinations. It reportedly creates a sense of happiness and keeps you active for a long period. This reason made ancient Egyptians use it during festivities.
- Aphrodisiac: Many believe the herb’s compounds could increase your interest in sexual activities. Ancient Egyptians and Asians relied on blue lotus to improve their libido and performance. The plant’s aphrodisiac properties affect both males and females.
- Anti-aging: Research claims blue lotus extracts have antioxidants that could combat free radicals in your system. They aid youthful appearance and nourish your skin. The plant also lowers the symptoms of acne and other dermatological conditions.
- Lucid dreaming: This process refers to a state in which a person is active and aware they’re dreaming. Since the dreamer is conscious of the situation, they may manage the narrative and characters of their dream. Anecdotal evidence shows blue lotus may help people experience lucid dreaming, making them dreamy yet still conscious.
Blue lotus may have minor adverse effects, such as chest discomfort, paranoia, drowsiness, disorientation, confusion, and poor speech articulation. Most of these downsides disappear within four hours of using the herb, but extreme cases could last for days.
Kratom’s effects usually depend on the amount you consume. If you take a low dose, you may encounter:
- Energy boost: The alkaloids in kratom are stimulants purportedly capable of boosting alertness and vitality. This effect can make you more productive at work, school, and other activities.
- Aphrodisiac: As Mitragyna speciosa increases your physical strength, the plant may also heighten your libido. The herb may make you more excited and energized for sexual performance.
- Decreased appetite: Studies show kratom may inhibit the part of the hypothalamus responsible for creating the feeling of hunger. When this happens, you may experience increased satiety while your cravings and appetite reduce.
You may experience other effects if you take moderate or high doses of kratom, including:
- Analgesic: The compounds in kratom usually bind to the discomfort receptors in the brain, reducing the feeling of discomfort. The herb may also lower soreness by making you sleepy and less sensitive to your environment. The discomfort-relieving influences of the plant usually last for only a few hours.
- Calmness: Large doses of kratom make you euphoric, taking your mind away from the current state of your environment. This effect also makes you feel calm.
- Drowsiness: Since Mitragyna speciosa helps you stay calm, it could leave you in a dreamlike state. The plant makes you drowsy and may also enhance your sleeping pattern.
You may encounter some minor side effects if you abuse the herb. The possible drawbacks include itching, dizziness, poor or lack of motor coordination, vomiting, sweating, and constipation.
Another notable difference between kratom and blue lotus comes from their benefits. Since the plants have varying effects, their advantages on your system differ.
Blue lotus could deliver these benefits:
- It could improve your sleep pattern, as the herb may possess anesthetic properties.
- It could lower emotional disturbances, as the plant may make you feel happy.
- It may relieve symptoms of menstruation, easing cramps and regulating the cycle.
- It may lower the signs of aging by improving your skin’s condition and preventing sagging. Blue lotus also has the potential to make you look more youthful.
- It could improve your sexual urge and performance due to the aphrodisiac properties.
Kratom could offer the following benefits:
- Studies suggest the herb could alleviate discomfort by lowering the soreness sensation throughout your system. It could also improve your mood through this mechanism.
- It may help you eliminate redundant and negative thoughts, promoting focus and calmness. Through this, the plant could boost your creativity, cognitive abilities, and retention.
- It could make you more energetic, enabling you to make the most of your day. Many Southeast Asian laborers use the plant for this purpose.
- According to research, kratom could reactivate insulin function in your body and aid in how your system controls blood sugar.
- It may improve your libido, boosting your interest in sex. The herb may also enhance your sexual performance, as it makes you more energetic, excited, and adventurous.
When enjoying the purported medicinal benefits of blue lotus, people utilize different parts of it. The plant’s dried leaves, resin, and oils retain their properties and can be useful in many ways, such as.
- Tea: Mix hot water with a pre-made blue lotus tea bag and leave it for a few minutes. You can use the herb’s dried flowers as an alternative.
- Vaping: Put finely crushed blue lotus flower in a vaporizer before inhaling it.
- Smoking: Use rolling paper to wrap the dried flower and smoke it.
- Essential oil: If you want to receive a massage, use blue lotus as an essential oil. Pour some drops on the skin to make the herb enter your body through the pores.
- Infused into drinks: Mix a small quantity of the herb with an alcoholic beverage.
The usages of kratom include:
- Tea: Pour powder into boiling water and mix until it dissolves. Allow it to simmer for ten minutes before drinking it.
- Chewing: Take two or more kratom leaves and munch them for a couple of minutes before ingesting them.
- Powder: One of the easiest ways to consume kratom is to put the powder form in your mouth and use water to send it down your throat.
- Smoking: People sometimes dry and smoke kratom leaves. Although it’s a common means of using the herb, this method could alter its effects.
- Capsules: We package the herb into capsules, making it easy for anyone to use. Place kratom pills in your mouth and wash them down with water.
- Edibles: Some enthusiasts add the herb to edible films or wafers. These products come in different shapes and allow you to consume the plant without tasting it.
Since blue lotus and kratom aren’t regulated, there’s no universal recommended dosage for users. The specific amount to consume depends on the method of application and your expectations.
Many consumers use 3–5 grams of blue lotus, as this dose tends to offer the best effects of the plant. Taking more than this quantity could lead to adverse results, as you may struggle to control your reaction.
If you want to take kratom, understand the correct dose to consume. The plant’s effects vary from one person to another. Start small and see how the herb influences you. You may increase the dose as you get used to it.
The typical guidelines for using kratom are:
- 1–5 grams for a low dose
- 5–10 grams for a medium dose
- 10–15 grams for a high dose
Can you take blue lotus and kratom together?
Consuming blue lotus with kratom is possible, as many people use the two herbs at the same time. These individuals claim the combination helps them experience heightened effects they can’t get from using only one of the plants.
Anecdotal evidence suggests it’s okay to combine the two botanicals. Numerous consumers claim mixing blue lotus with kratom tea makes you friendlier and more energetic. The effects may make you more confident and talkative.
As the plants’ impacts wane, they could induce relaxation and calmness. You may fall asleep before the intoxication finally stops. The combination’s effects may differ in some individuals.
Despite overwhelming feedback from users, the mechanism behind the interactions between the two plants remains unknown. There’s also a lack of research on the combination’s efficacy and long-term safety.
Be cautious when combining blue lotus with kratom. Familiarize yourself with the individual impact of each herb before trying to mix them. Understand the health risks involved, as the effects may not always be what you desire.
The bottom line
While blue lotus and kratom have some similarities, their differences are notable. Apart from their distinctive looks, these therapeutic botanicals have varying benefits, effects, usages, doses, and origins.
Although the combination of the two herbs may boost their potential benefits, their long-term safety is doubtful. Stay safe by using the plants responsibly and get high-quality, natural supplements from our store.